Sunday, December 17, 2006

Surreal

I was on my way home from work. Walking towards the bus stop.


I got this feeling that I am being followed, so I looked behind and I saw this man smiling straight at me. I got the chills although it was a warm smile.


I thought to myself.
"Do I know this man"? I know I have seen him somewhere. I kept on walking trying to remember. He was still following me. I had to think fast. He was coming closer and I was nowhere near my destination. I thought of confronting him and that is when I remembered having seen him, not once but on several occasions. I remember the smile, always inviting and friendly, but somehow it spooked me. He even tried to speak to me but I always snubbed him off. I was always in doubt, unable to trust him or my feelings.


Lost in my thoughts I reached the bus stop. He was there too, obviously following me all the way. I decided to confront him this time and walked towards him as though ready for battle, but ended up asking him


“Why do you always follow me?”


He smiled, I was beginning to love that smile.


“I want to be with you.” He replied.


“Who are you? I don’t even know you."


“You will if you acknowledge my presence.”


“Why should I?”


He was still smiling. He came a little closer, looked into my eyes and said


“My name is happiness.”



We took the same bus home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home